Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Single Review: Demi Lovato - "Skyscraper"


Review: (2.5/5)

Demi Lovato has been in the press a lot lately for everything other than her music.  I was very excited that she was getting back to work and recording an album with a "brand new sound."  When I heard "Skyscraper" for the first time, I expected to hear this new sound she was talking about.  This sounds like a bonus track from her last album.  I was hoping for something new and exciting.  This isn't even as good as her previous singles which were very good and fun.  I can imagine why she would want a more serious song after all she has been going through, but I just don't believe this was the right way to start out a brand new album.  The positive is the fact that you can really feel her emotions coming through the song.  That part is very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment